Improve Your Home’s Energy Efficiency with Attic InsulationWhen people think of insulation, they often think of keeping something warm. But the truth is that attic insulation can improve a home’s thermal performance year-round, keeping it cooler in Florida’s harshest heat and warmer on chilly winter days. By reducing heat transfer, insulation can help lessen the workload of your HVAC system, extending its lifespan and lowering your energy bill. In addition to that, insulation can even help protect your home from the damaging effects of heat and moisture that can otherwise build up in the attic.
Schedule a Consultation
Platinum Shield Thermal Protection System
Get the Ultimate Protection With Our Premium Insulation SystemNo one understands residential energy efficiency in Florida better than Florida Energy Water & Air. In fact, we offer a premium insulation system that provides homeowners in the Sunshine State with the very best protection for our region’s climate. The Platinum Shield Thermal Protection System is a multi-part barrier that blends the benefits of batt and roll, blown-in cellulose, and radiant barrier insulation – essentially, it’s a thermal barrier, radiant barrier, vapor barrier, and sound barrier, all in one unified system. Contact us to learn more about this remarkable product.
Get an Estimate
Recommended Levels of Insulation
Recommended insulation levels for retrofitting existing wood-framed buildingsInsulation level are specified by R-Value. R-Value is a measure of insulation’s ability to resist heat traveling through it. The higher the R-Value the better the thermal performance of the insulation. The table below shows what levels of insulation are cost-effective for different climates and locations in the home.
|Zone||Add Insulation to Attic||Floor|
|Uninsulated Attic||Existing 3–4 Inches of Insulation|
|1||R30 to R49||R25 to R30||R13|
|2||R30 to R60||R25 to R38||R13 to R19|
|3||R30 to R60||R25 to R38||R19 to R25|
|4||R38 to R60||R38||R25 to R30|
|5 to 8||R49 to R60||R38 to R49||R25 to R30|
|Wall Insulation: Whenever exterior siding is removed on anUninsulated wood-frame wall:|
|Insulated wood-frame wall:|
Home Insulation with Platinum Shield Thermal Protection System
Keep Your Home Cooler in the Summer, Warmer in the Winter and Cut Your Energy Consumption by 25-50%!The Platinum Shield Thermal Protection System is a 2-step process which will keep your home cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter and quieter in every season. All while cutting your energy consumption 25-50%.
Platinum Shield Barrier is the ultimate four-barrier protection system for your home or commercial building
- It’s a thermal barrier, radiant barrier, vapor barrier and sound barrier all in one.
- It consists of two layers of 99.25% aluminum foil facings, heat laminated to the closed micro-cel foam core.
- The aluminum foil facing reflects 97% of radiant heat and the micro foam core can provide an R-Value of up to 15.6.
- The heat lamination means there are no adhesives to add fuel to a fire or toxic fumes to give off, giving it a Class-A and Class-1 fire retardant rating.
- The closed cel core is designed to prevent condensation from occurring in the core of the product.
- It is unaffected by humidity and will not mildew or promote fungus growth.
- Platinum Shield does not lose it’s R-Value when punctured, compressed, or exposed to temperature changes; nor do the seals around the fasteners allow for air flow that would compromise the R-Value. Platinum Shield also provides a sound barrier of 19 db.