For Orlando Homeowners, What Type of Pool Heater Is Best: Solar, Electric, or Gas?
If you live in Orlando, then the best pool heater option for you is most likely solar. Why? The answer is simple: Florida is the Sunshine State! In a location that has such an abundance of solar energy, why not harness that natural, renewable energy for use at your own home?
The Benefits of a Solar Pool Heater
There are many reasons for choosing to go with a solar pool heater. For instance:
- Because solar energy is free, there is no ongoing expense for powering the pool heater.
- Using solar power is environmentally friendly, as it helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions and our collective dependence on fossil fuel.
- You could qualify for a tax credit and rebates.
- A solar pool heater is virtually maintenance free.
- It can increase the value of your home to have a pool that can be enjoyed year-round with no ongoing heating costs.
The Downside of Electric & Gas Pool Heaters
The most obvious disadvantage to an electric or gas pool heater versus solar is the fact that there could be significant ongoing costs to run them. Depending on the type of heater and the preferred temperature for the pool water, an electric or gas heater could cost anywhere from $100 to $600 per month.
Are you interested in a solar pool heater
for your Orlando home? Contact Florida Energy Water & Air today to schedule a consultation. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.