6 Signs that Your Clearwater Home Needs a Water Softener
Did you know that the U.S. Geological Survey classifies most of the water in south and central Florida as “hard”? While most homeowners know that the installation of a quality water softener mitigates the hardness of water, many Clearwater residents remain unaware of how hard water impacts them in their day-to-day lives.
The Impacts of Hard Water
Hard water contains higher-than-average concentrations of minerals like calcium and magnesium. These minerals build up wherever you use water in your home. Here are six signs your home might need a new water softener:
- Your glasses, dishes, and flatware come out of the dishwasher with water spots
- Your clothes are scratchy or dull in appearance after repeated washing
- You suffer from dry skin and hair
- You’re starting to notice soap scum building up in your sinks and showers
- Your water-using appliances, especially dishwashers and water heaters, develop leaks or break down
- You’ve noticed mineral buildup on or around your taps and leaky, damaged pipes
Do any of these sound familiar to you? If they do, then it might be time to reexamine your need for a water softener
. Water softeners are filled with negatively charged resin beads that attract and trap the positively charged minerals in your water as it flows through the tank and into your home’s plumbing system. With a water softener, you can rest assured that the water flowing through your pipes, from your taps, and into your dishwasher, washing machine, refrigerator, and other water-using appliances, is free from the mineral buildup that causes costly damage later on.
Are you ready to experience softer water? Call Florida Energy Water & Air to learn more about having a quality water softener installed in your Clearwater home today!