Heat Your Water Naturally With a Solar Water Heater in Lakeland, FL
Solar water heaters are a popular investment among homeowners throughout Lakeland, Florida. These eco-friendly hot water heaters come with plenty of great benefits that can make them well worth the investment. At Florida Energy Water & Air, we proudly offer and install solar water heaters and other types of water heaters
for homeowners throughout the region, and we’d be happy to provide you with the water heating system that’s just right for your Lakeland, FL, home. Here’s what you need to know about solar water heaters to ensure you make the right choice for your home.
Features & Benefits of Our Solar Water Heaters
With a solar water heater from Florida Energy Water & Air installed in your home in Lakeland, FL, you will have 24/7 access to inexpensive, naturally heated water. Our solar water heaters come from Rheem, one of the most recognizable names in the residential plumbing, heating, and air conditioning industry. Rheem solar water heaters – of which there are many different models available – harness the sun’s energy to produce heated water in a low-cost and environmentally friendly manner.
A Rheem solar water heater from the team at Florida Energy Water & Air is an investment that can actually pay for itself over time through a combination of the following:
- Water heating bill savings – Solar energy is natural, abundant, and free. Owning a solar water heating unit instead of a conventional water heater that runs off gas or electricity can allow your monthly water heating bills to drop precipitously. The Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC) found that heating your water naturally with solar energy can lower your energy bills by 50 to 85 percent.
- Government incentives and rebates – Because Rheem solar water heaters are good for the environment, the federal government and some states offer incentives to those who buy them. Check the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIRE) for incentives you might qualify for.
- Better product longevity – Rheem solar water heaters last longer, on average, than your typical cylindrical gas or electric water heater, lengthening the amount of time before you would otherwise have to spend money on a replacement. For example, the average lifespan of a conventional gas or electric water heater isn’t long, maybe 12 years at the most. By comparison, a solar water heating system typically has a useful life expectancy of 20+ years. That means you won’t have to spend money on a replacement system nearly as often if you invest in a solar water heating system.
- Less pollution – Simply put, solar water heaters do not pollute. Replacing an electric water heater with one that uses solar energy can significantly reduce the amount of carbon dioxide you are responsible for releasing into the atmosphere.
- Home value appreciation – All other things being equal, a home that is less expensive to live in on a day-to-day basis will be more valuable in the eyes of prospective buyers. A solar water heater can thus add value to your Lakeland, FL, home and make it more marketable if you wish to sell.
What To Know Before Buying a Solar Water Heater
A solar water heater
can be a great addition to your home in Lakeland, FL. But like any other investment, choosing to buy such a piece of equipment is a decision best made only after you take the necessary time to learn more about solar water heating and narrow it down to a couple of models.
One crucial concept to understand regarding solar water heating is called the payback period. The payback period is the number of years it will take to recoup the upfront cost of a solar water heater through reduced expenses. According to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), the payback period for a well-designed and professionally installed solar water heating system can range from four to eight years. However long your payback period is, once it is over, you can expect to enjoy truly free hot water for as many as 40 years, depending on how well the system is maintained.
Other factors to consider when deciding whether to buy a solar water heating system for your home in Lakeland, FL, include:
- How long you plan to live in the home
- Whether you might have to rely on a backup gas or electric water heater
- Whether you will need new roof shingles before any solar energy collectors (i.e., solar panels) are installed
- How much sunlight you receive on your property
- The current availability of financial incentives at the federal, state, or local level for making your home more energy efficient
Learn More About Our Solar Water Heaters
To get a free price quote on having a Rheem solar water heater installed, contact
the solar water heating pros at Florida Energy Water & Air. We proudly offer solar water heaters and more for homes throughout the greater Lakeland, FL, area, and we’d be happy to help you find the products and solutions that perfectly meet your needs.